Both Canada and the United States use the ASME Section VIII-1 code for pressure vessel construction but Canada has a CSA B51 standard that provides a more restrictive definition of what a PRESSURE VESSEL is. Canada also registers FITTINGS – items that in other countries would be considered too small to need registering. Likewise we also register many PIPING SYSTEMS in Canada. All vessels, fittings and piping systems need to be built under appropriate quality control programs.

Key Point: Canada’s system is more restrictive than other countries.

Check here: Do I Have a Vessel or Fitting and here: Piping – Do I Need a Registration.