Pipe Stress Analyst
Pressure Vessel Engineering Ltd. is an employee owned engineering consulting firm located in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Founded in 1999, we are a close-knit organization with customers around the globe. Our work involves many diverse industries including oil & gas, water filtration, food & beverage, instrumentation, pharmaceutical, and many more. The PVEng team provides analysis, design and registration assistance using code calculations and beyond to provide solutions for our partners.
About the Opportunity
Over the last few years PVEng has received an increasing number of inquiries into pipe stress analysis, and as a result we have invested in this field. We have proven that it is a viable line of business and now we need an experienced engineer to continue the growth in this area. We operate in a team environment where you teach and learn from others on a continual basis. Your role would be to use your past experience to develop the business, and your coworkers. You will also be performing code calculations for pressurized equipment and have the opportunity to work on a variety of finite element analysis projects.
- Individually responsible for projects from small to medium size and work as part of a team for larger projects
- Coordinate with customers to determine project scope and generate supporting documentation such as calculations, documentation and technical reports.
- Work closely with customers to improve design concepts for installation and cost savings.
- Review customer specifications and data sheets
- Provide quotations for piping related projects
- Communicate with existing customers and new leads to facilitate growth of pipe stress work at PVEng
- Identify and communicate the areas of growth you see for yourself, your peers and the company
- Continuously improve your skillset through a combination of peer interactions, internal training and external courses
- Train other employees on pipe stress analysis using Caesar II
Required Skills & Credentials
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to make sound engineering decisions based on available information
- Proficient in Caesar II and Microsoft Office Applications (Advanced Excel experience)
- Willing to work collaboratively and help train others
- Advanced knowledge of ASME B31.1, B31.3, B31.5
- Knowledge of ASME Section VIII-1 & 2
- 5-10 years of pipe stress analysis experience
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Knowledge of pipe anchoring methods
- Strong project management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Desire to continuously learn and grow professionally
- P.Eng registered or eligible for registration
- 3D modelling skills and the ability to generate both concept and fabrication drawings